With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I want to bring awareness and offer a different viewpoint to all women. You have the power to prevent breast cancer. Have you ever thought why breast cancer is more prevalent today than it was decades ago?

According to the American Cancer Society, women that have inherited the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene have a 70% chance of getting breast cancer by the age of 80 but only about 5-10% of women diagnosed with breast cancer actually have either gene. So what are the other causes that make up the +90%?

Environmental and lifestyle factors play a huge role in our health by affecting the expression of our genes and development of chronic disorders including cancer. For those women that have either the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene, can take the necessary steps to reduce the expression of these genes. Those that do not have either of these genes can still be intentional with their health to reduce the risk as well. 

Follow up with a Functional Medicine practitioner for a full assessment to guide you on how to reduce your risk. Please share this with all your friends and family. Let’s rethink Breast Cancer.

Live with Intention and Be Radiant!