We are living in a toxic world, constantly being bombarded by toxins, chemicals, and heavy metals. Toxins are another main cause of hormonal imbalances resulting in PCOS, PMS, and infertility, to name a few.
Toxins are found everywhere in nonstick cookware, plastic bottles, storage containers, and food packaging, even in our household products, cosmetics, and furniture. In fact, it’s also even in the air that we breathe and the water that we use to bathe, cook, and brush our teeth. Heavy metals are also another toxin to our body and is found in our food (from soil), from environmental and industrial products, and even some workplace exposures. There are also people that have mercury fillings still and thankfully dentists don’t use these anymore. But those that do still have mercury fillings, you want to look into getting these removed because mercury could be leaching out into your body. If you do get this removed, make sure you do your research and find a professional who is educated in this removal process because you want to go through a protocol to detox and protect your body.
So how do we protect ourselves from all these toxins? Unless we live in a bubble, which is not realistic, you want to support our liver’s detox ability to help your body to get rid of these toxins.
Simple Ways to Detox:
1. Detox foods: consume leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onion), asparagus, garlic, parsley, and cilantro.
2. Fiber: aim for 25 grams daily. Because you need to have a bowel movement at least once daily. If you don’t have a daily BM, those toxins are staying in your body, so you definitely want to get rid of those! Make sure you poop. (Yes, I said it!)
3. Eliminate sugar and alcohol: because too much can cause inflammation and is toxic to our liver.
4. Sweat it out: Hanging out in a sauna for 10 minutes 2-3 times a week, with vigorous, intense exercise for at least 30 minutes 3-5 times a week, or an epsom salt bath (and add essential oils).
4. Vitamin C: Take 500-1000mg daily, which is not only important for your immune system and wound healing but it also helps our bodies (especially the liver) to produce glutathione, which is a powerful antioxidant to help our bodies to fight free radicals and get rid of toxins.
5. Drink Water: At least half your body weight in ounces, everyday to help flush out toxins.
6. Drink Tea: Green tea, dandelion, and milk thistle tea to help detox and support liver health.
This is the last video in my hormone imbalance series. If you haven’t seen the other videos, I definitely recommend go check those out. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! Lastly, be sure to subscribe, follow, like and share with anyone who would benefit from this.
Live with Intention and Be Radiant!